overt adj : open and observable; not secret or hidden; "an overt lie"; "overt hostility"; "overt intelligence gathering" [syn: open] [ant: covert]
EtymologyFrom overt (French: ouvert).
Open may refer to:
- Openness, term being used to define the basis of how various groups and organizations operate.
In other fields:
- open (application), Nextstep & Mac OS X command line application that opens its argument(s) in the GUI as if the user had double clicked
- Open circuit, in electronics, the absence of a load through which electric current would flow.
- Open-source software, computer software modifiable by all, where users are treated as co-developers.
- Open (magazine), a lifestyle Mexican publication.
- Open (sport), type of competition in tennis and golf where entry is open to all qualifiers regardless of age
- Open vowel, vowel sound of a type used in most spoken languages
- Open...., the original interactive television service on BSkyBs Sky Digital platform
- Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs of North America, inclusive, not-for-profit organization.
- Open Season, a movie made in Sony Animation.
- the C POSIX library function , defined in fcntl.h and used for C file input/output
overt in German: Offen
overt in Spanish: Abierto
overt in French: Ouvert
overt in Portuguese: Aberto (desambiguação)